Pages

Thursday 12 September 2019

Sleeping hacks!

Sleep Hygiene

WALT: understand what factors promote good sleep

Today we learnt about what factors help us to sleep well and what factors impede sleep. We made a table to show what we had found.


Habits & behaviour to promote sleep
Habits & behaviour that hinder sleep
  • Eat 3 hours before going to bed.
  • Staying off technology close to bedtime.
  • A dark colder room with help sleep.
  • Bath or shower before going to bed.
  • Lavender oil on pillow case is meant to make you sleepy.
  • Soft calming music.
  • Eating closely to bed.
  • Watching tv and on devices before bed.
  • Too hot in your sleep space.
  • Loud music and lights before bed (partying) :))
  • Caffeine
  • The blue light on devices tells your brain it is not late into the night but that it is still daytime,



Watch this Youtube clip to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.