Pages

Friday 25 October 2019

Egyptian Maze

Over the weekend Jess, Grace, Rosie & I fled Christchurch and travelled to Hanmer Springs. We had an eventful morning, stopping at the Culverden playground where I tragically fell off a wobbly dinosaur, gaining a major injury :(( The car ride on the way up was a little lengthy, but once we had arrived it was all worth it! While driving, Jess & Rosie were talking about this illusory maze that they had done a couple years back, Grace and I thought it sounded like so much fun and so we all went! 

Once we pulled up in the car park, we caught a first glimpse of the maze, we realised it had an Egyptian theme! We walked to the front desk to buy tickets, the man handed us a piece of paper with symbols and a pencil and off we went. 

Walking through the opening to the maze, we saw things like: clay walls, gravel floors, and lot’s of different paths to take. It was a little confusing; luckily it was not too big, we soon figured it all out. We searched for Egyptian symbols, working out a code for the treasure at the end… 

Once running and screaming through some very scary caves, we got to this water obstacle where we had to leap across rocks without getting wet by this intimidating water feature. Rosie went through first making out clear of water, same with Grace and Jess until it was my turn… I leapt to my first rock making sure my timing was correct as not to get wet. Then a couple more, until I came to my last deciding leap. I basically ran over the rocks, as the girls starting obstreperously screaming at me. I thankfully made it in the clear, though Jess Rosie and Grace thought otherwise. 

We then went into this very dark gloomy corridor, thinking we would be finished but there was more to come. A sign up ahead read… ‘Listen to Endra’s wise words for REWARD. We cautiously walked into the dark room not seeing more than a few steps ahead of us. We could hear water, suddenly loads of colourful lights lit up and we saw this sculpture making loud angry moans. Water then burst up out of the ground! Endra starting quietly moaning the word code we had written on our paper: we figured that was all he was going to say so we walked around the corner to find a cave. We walked in and found there was bamboo everywhere lit up by LED lights. We walked through there for a while to find the exit. Then we walked to the front desk, handed over our paper and got our reward! A gold coin made of chocolate… Yum!

Thanks for reading

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sound like a load of fun!
    Did you enjoy it? Was it worth it;)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.